Patriots filter, then take down the giants

At the end of the second quarter on Thursday night, Gillette Stadium had a raucous crowd that suddenly became almost funeral.

Minutes earlier, local fans were singing and dancing in the hall when their New England Patriots, with an authoritarian impulse, took a seven-point lead against a team of veterans. By that time, the game had been neglected and the occasion was unfair: a nationally televised rematch of two-time Super Bowl rivals.

But eventually, it seemed that the royal patriots had taken control. Everything was fine at Foxborough.

Then, in a few seconds, Brady's soccer ball went within reach of Giants linebacker Marcus Golden with the Golden Arm taking a veteran defender Tom Brady, who slacked the ball into the final zone for a game-tying touchdown. The noise of the Gillette Stadium party ended.

Seconds later, while Brady was sitting on the bench, he was imprisoned for shaking his head towards the camera.

An idea might have gone through the building: Any kind of hex on the six-time Super Bowl champion on the bench, rather than playing with the Giants, even Eli Manning?

Uh no

In the resulting possession, the Patriots used 11 methodological moves to advance 75 yards. The final play of the course was a predictable but usually unstoppable advance of 1 yard for a Brady touchdown. After that, the Patriots led the rest in a 35–14 victory.

In the end, the Patriots' order was restored, improving 6–0. The Giants went 2-4 without their star runner, Sakon Barclay and their best opener on the field, Sterling Shepard. The Giants were also playing without their opening tight man Evan Engram and their second runner Wayne Gallman.

The Braves Giants struggled especially in defense, which was hardly the team's strength this season. And rogue quarterback Daniel Jones made some impressive pitches under pressure, although he also appeared out of sync at the start of the game, throwing three interceptions.

Jones was not the only one who looked nervous on Thursday night. Brady was being hit in the pocket and he made some mistakes. In fact, the Giants were given two opportunities to take the lead in the first quarter but left each with a weak offensive game.

The first play of the Patriots game ended at the veteran's 18-yard line when a lively defensive unit thwarted England's fourth-and-1 run attempt.

But the emotional impulse of that stop rapidly died in the possession of the Giant when the team won just nine yards in three plays and had to clear.

Nonetheless, several minutes later, Brady threw down the field from behind wide receiver Julian Edelman, making it appear that Giant cornerback Janoris Jenkins was the intended target. Jenkins intercepted the rebel pass and ran for a full 62 yards. Once again, the Giants fired a shot, this time with a penalty just five yards out for Jenkins' return, which knocked him out of field goal range.

While the Patriots and Brady continued to battle through the first quarter, New England special teams, coach Bilwick Bill Belichick when he was an assistant, came to the rescue. Near their goal line, the Giants lined linebacker Nate Stuper in the middle of the team's takedown formation. But at the time of the coup, Stopper was pushed into the ground by New England runner Brandon Bolden.

Stuper's repetition left him close to dangerous shooter Riley Dixon, whose kick bounced Stuper's helmet and floated in the air. Standing nearby, New England's Chase Vinovich, a rogue defensive lineman, caught the ball at head level and ran for six yards in the final yards for a touchdown that put the Patriots up 7-0.

A 1-yard run by Bolden at the start of the second quarter extended New England's lead to 14–0.

Jones reunited the Giants by throwing a deep and efficient pass to huge receiver Golden Tate, a pitch that fell over a Patriots defender and into Tate's outside arms. Tate shook the ball until he controlled it and retained it for a 64-yard touchdown.