Handwara: Security forces received Chinese Type 56 rifle from the meeting site

Handwara: Security forces received Chinese Type 56 rifle from the meeting site
Handwara: Security forces received Chinese Type 56 rifle from the meeting site

Two militants, including the Lashkar commander, were killed during a meeting Saturday night in Jammu's Handwara city and Kashmir's Kupwara district.

Security forces also recovered weapons and other "warrior tents" from the meeting site, along with the bodies of two militants during the cleanup operation. Chinese WASR Type 56 and Romanian rifle were found at the meeting site.

A colonel, a chief of security forces and three other members were killed in an encounter with militants in northern Kashmir on Sunday. Colonel Ashutosh Sharma, Major Anuj Sood, Naik Rajesh and Lance Naik Dinesh, all from the Guard Brigade Regiment and presently claimed to be part of the 21 Rashtriya Rifles in the encounter at Handwara.

Rishi Ahmad Pathan, a sub-inspector of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, was also killed.

Giving details of the encounter, officials said that the two militants killed in the encounter included the commander of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba Haider, which has been active in the northern Kashmir region.

They had taken some civilians hostage, officials said, adding that a pair of terrorists could manage to cover the security forces under cover of darkness. A hunt has been launched in the entire area.

Jammu Chief Executive Officer and Kashmir Police Dilbag Singh said: "It is sad to report that five brave staff members including Colonel Ashutosh Sharma, Major Anuj Sood and JKP sub-inspector Shakeel Kazi were martyred in compliance. Duty."


Security forces reported the presence of some terrorists in the Rajwar forests of Handwara region and the fire on Thursday.

Around Saturday afternoon, intelligence figures indicated the presence of the same group of militants inside a house in Changimulla village, prompting Colonel Sharma to launch a search and encirclement operation.

After considerable stagnation, Colonel Sharma and four other staff members barged into a house from the adjacent stable, believing that the militants had been killed in intense firing.

According to officials, the team was fired after rescuing civilians and all communication links with Colonel Sharma and his team were severed. The terrorists responded to calls made on the team's mobile numbers.

Then, the army participated in the paratroopers, who, after confirming that the army officer and his team were killed in the encounter, made an aggressive attack early in the morning and killed two militants.

At the conclusion of the operation, the house was searched and the bodies of the two terrorists who were killed in the encounter were recovered with weapons and ammunition.

Post a Comment