Robert Downey Jr. criticized for ironic use of blackface in Tropic Thunder

Robert Downey Jr. criticized for ironic use of blackface in Tropic Thunder
Robert Downey Jr. criticized for ironic use of blackface in Tropic Thunder

Robert Downey Jr. is facing backlash today for a comic role he played a decade ago. The actor was criticized on Twitter by users who recently highlighted his role in Ben Stiller's 2008 satire, Tropic Thunder ... but did not appear to investigate before criticizing the film.

Tropic Thunder, written by Ben Stiller, Justin Theroux, and Eton Cohen, is one of the most memorable comedies of the century so far as the way he portrayed in the film rolled his eyes at Hollywood's most vain and vain residents. Stiller and Robert Downey Jr. The film revolves around the making of the Vietnam War film, with Downey Jr. playing the role of Kirk Lazarus, an Australian actor who is so committed to performing the method that he undergoes surgery. "Pigmentation Transformation" to Authentically portray Black Sergeant

Today, however, a Twitter crowd that did not recognize the satirical tone of Tropic Thunder jumped to accuse Downey Jr. of deliberately and blackening his skin in the film.

Remember that Robert Downey Jr. made a complete black face and no one said anything, "one user tweeted, and others criticized Downey Jr. for his role and wondered why he never apologized.

There was a backlash to the tweet from fans of Tropic Thunder, who defended Downey Jr. and reminded critics of the story behind his character. "I'm seeing that we're in that magical time of year again when someone here clearly doesn't understand the Tropic Thunder jokes, so now we all need to take time out of our day to explain them." Don't worry, we can all get it together, "one user tweeted.

Downey Jr. has previously defended the role, who will explain on his podcast this year why he chose the role of Kirk Lazarus. According to Indiewire: "I have to defend nature from the insane hypocrisy of artists and what they think they are allowed to do sometimes is just my opinion." "And 90 percent of my black friends said, 'Man, that was great.' [I can't disagree with the other 10 percent], but I know where my heart is ... In my defense, Tropic is about thunder. What's wrong about [blackface], so I take an exception . "

Post a Comment

0 Comments