Curfew is not enough to keep peace with protests, arrests from coast to coast

Curfew is not enough to keep peace with protests, arrests from coast to coast
Curfew is not enough to keep peace with protests, arrests from coast to coast

City officials from coast to coast implemented the curfew for Monday night, hoping to avoid another night of violent and chaotic protests leading to the death of George Floyd.

But city-wide orders were not enough to maintain peace between protesters and police in some places.

In Washington, DC, where Mayor Muriel Bowser imposed an unusual curfew after several nights of looting and vandalism, police fired tear gas outside the White House to remove protesters when President Donald Trump announced he would deploy troops . There may not be unrest in the states on their own if military across the country.

Photos and videos showed military helicopters flying down from the building's height, picking up debris and dropping tree limbs. Low flying planes were reportedly used to chase down the protesters.

In Philadelphia, a curfew that began at 6 pm. NBC Philadelphia reported that this did not prevent a group of protesters from reaching City Hall. Hours earlier, a large crowd in other parts of the city stopped traffic, and police and state police officers used tear gas and pepper spray to disperse the protesters.

In Louisville, Kentucky, where the chief of police was fired after a man was shot and killed Sunday and authorities did not activate his body cameras, the curfew was extended until June 8. Monday's video showed dozens of officers demonstrating with their hands with a batsman, helmet and bulletproof vest on the other side of an intersection just after 9:30 p.m. Curfew.

In Buffalo, an SUV shot officers with tactical devices with dogs and batons, after which they allege that some of the protesters, videos and officers were shown.

In an interview with NBC affiliate WGRZ, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said the incident was under investigation, but he said it happened after the earlier rally ended and some protesters refused to leave.

"We can't have people protesting in the city of Buffalo after dark," he said. "It is not safe for the protesters, and not safe for the surrounding community."

Brown said it appeared that two people who had previously been killed at gunpoint may have been in the SUV. It did not say if the SUV was driven by a keeper or if a suspect was in custody.

Meanwhile, in New York, the nation's most populous city, more than 200 people who say officers were burning and smashing shop windows in Manhattan and the Bronx were arrested, a police spokesman said .

"Groups of young people are running as fast as they can to break windows, and police are trying to catch them as soon as possible," the spokesman said.

The arrest took place after 11 pm. The curfew started Monday night. The move was followed by four days of strenuous protests against police brutality, with hundreds of people arrested, including Mayor Bill de Blasio's daughter and police cruiser burning.

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said during the initial protests on Monday, "The men and women of this police department will be consistent. They will guarantee the rights of the people to gather peacefully again." "We ask all New Yorkers to join it and do it safely."

Looting and small shootings were reported in Union Square in Manhattan and beyond. Hours before Monday's curfew began, de Blasio announced that another curfew would begin at 8 pm, before Tuesday night, when there is still little light, although he said it was only intended to control one The percentage of protesters who went out of control.

Overwhelmingly, the city has been peaceful at the moment, "De Blasio told the local NY1 news station.

Curfew has been imposed from Los Angeles to Philadelphia in response to the death in custody of Floyd, a black man, on Memorial Day in Minneapolis.

The 46-year-old Floyd died after a white police officer, Derek Chauvin, slammed Floyd's neck to the ground with one knee. Minnesota officials announced on Monday afternoon that Floyd's death was officially declared a murder by a coroner.

His death sparked widespread protests against racism and mistreatment by police following the final moments of Floyd's helplessness on video.

Public safety resources to fight the coronovirus epidemic are already exhausted, and many are still trying to enforce stay orders at home.

In Minneapolis, where police clashed with protesters and journalists covering dramatic riots in recent times, it quieted across the city on Monday night, with hundreds of people gathered at a memorial at the murder site. Floyd. . The city curfew will begin at 10 pm.

According to The Sacramento Bee, in Sacramento, California, about 130 companies had damaged their windows and doors and 300 buildings had graffiti on them on Monday morning.

The city authorities started the curfew at 8 pm on Monday night, anticipating more problems. 5:00 am. He said the city was deploying 500 members of the National Guard on Monday night to protect critical infrastructure.

Post a Comment