The White House doctor said Trump was no longer an infection risk

The White House doctor said Trump was no longer an infection risk
A memo published by White House doctor Sean Connelly on Saturday evening stated that President Donald Trump "no longer poses a risk of infection" to others and can safely end his isolation period, just over a week after the president announced his diagnosis of Covid-19 virus.

The doctor's note came hours after Trump made his first public appearance since his three-day hospital stay - and published an ad promoting his recovery from the coronavirus.

Conley wrote that tests of samples taken Saturday morning from the president show that "according to the currently recognized standards, the risk of transmission is no longer considered." The doctor added that ten days after his first symptoms appeared, and after he had been fever-free for more than 24 hours, Trump met "CDC criteria" to end his isolation.

Conley also said that the president's medical team found no evidence that the coronavirus was multiplying in his body, and that the amount of virus in Trump's body decreased over time.

The latest information still rules out some crucial information for judging Trump's health - like the condition of his lungs, and whether he's suffering any damage from the virus. Early in his illness, the president received oxygen therapy as well as dexamethasone, the steroid usually reserved for critically ill Covid-19 patients with lung damage.

During his infection, Trump received a set of treatments that only a few, if any, coronavirus patients took. Although the Food and Drug Administration has authorized widespread emergency use of one drug - the antiviral remdesivir - and dexamethasone that has been on the market for decades, Trump has also received unproven antibody treatment from Regeneron.

Post a Comment

0 Comments